POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : scan lines? : Re: scan lines? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scan lines?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Jan 2007 07:44:36
Message: <45b20eb4$1@news.povray.org>
Dennis Miller wrote:
> Does anyone know what would cause this? I have seen it myself when
> previewing work on an external RGB monitor after rendering individual Targa
> files into a video file.

It is most likely a data misinterpretation somewhere on their end, as you
already suggested. However, without seeing the actual problem, one can only
guess what is wrong, just like you currently have to guess. Here is my guess:

To see black horizontal lines in a digital production environment is rather
strange. They do appear in an analog environment when someone tries to film
video off a CRT or film projection with a camera (either digital or
film-based) and both are not in perfect sync, meaning they do not run with
the same frequency and vertical sync timing.

in a digital environment black lines sound more like corrupted data of some
sort, especially if running uncompressed video. Or their harddisks or CPUs
are just not fast enough to handle uncompressed video and start dropping
partial frames.

Either way, the problem clearly is at their end, so you need to find out
what is wrong and help them if they can't figure it out on their own. Of
course, if they can't, I am wondering if they really knew what they were
doing in the first place - expect a rough ride to get them to admit that
though :-(

	Thorsten